Collage New Music and Longy School of Music Presents:
Collage Composers Colloquium (CCC)
Join Collage New Music on April 2, 2017, for a composition workshop and evening concert. Meet your fellow colleagues, and benefit from analysis and observations about your own music, with the help of guest composers Eric Chasalow, Eric Moe, and Paul Brust, gaining insights about their own compositional processes through open discussions and questions.
Interested in participating? Simply submit your scores, along with a recorded performance, for a chance to have your music workshopped by these esteemed composers. Entries must be submitted by Wednesday, March 22, 2017 to be considered for the masterclass. Accepted entries will be notified by Tuesday, March 28, 2017.
- If you are now enrolled as a composition student at one of Boston’s area colleges or universities, you are eligible!
- If you have recently graduated from a college or university and have studied composition, you are eligible!
- If you are a high school student who has a score and recorded performance recording, you are eligible!
- Anyone is eligible to audit the workshop. If you wish to audit, join us for the pizza dinner, and attend evening’s Collage New Music pre-concert talk and concert, you can buy a ticket at collagenewmusic.org/ticket-information ($13 for students, $20 for seniors, 30$ for General Admission).
Sunday, April, 2, 2017
4:00-10:00 pm, Longy School of Music
4-6 pm Composers’ workshop with composers Eric Moe, Paul Brust, and Eric Chasalow (Delcoix Room)
6-7 pm Pizza dinner, provided by Collage
7-7:45 pm Pre-concert discussion with the evening’s composers and David Hoose
(Pickman Concert Hall)
8 pm Collage New Music concert
Eric Chasalow: Flute Concerto (feat. Christopher Krueger, fl)
Peter Child: Elegy (with Rabbit)
Eric Moe: Superhero
Donald Sur: Five short works
Donald Sur: Duologue, a short play for two characters
9:30 Post-concert reception for audience, composers, and instrumentalists
1. All submissions should be submitted electronically via collagenewmusic.org/workshop. Please include the following HERE:
2. Full score in PDF format. (Works should be no more than 12 minutes in length.)
3. A recording of a performance of the composition (mp3 or WAV format). Excerpts of the works chosen will be played and discussed at the masterclass.
4. Your contact information, including name, institutional affiliation, address, email, and a brief bio or resumé.
5. Cost of participation is $15 and includes consideration of your work, admission to the workshop, dinner, and ticket to the pre-concert discussion and performance.
6. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, March 23, 2017 to be considered for discussion at the masterclass.
7. Those who have submitted works will be notified by March 28, 2017, as to whether your work will be discussed at the workshop. Whether your own music is chosen for discussion, we encourage everyone to attend this rare opportunity. Those whose works are selected must RSVP and be in attendance for the event.
8. For more information or questions, please contact Collage’s Program Director, David Stevens, at firstname.lastname@example.org.